If you need to override existing styles, add extra codes or style files for a template/theme/particle- we recommend to follow instructions below. By following this way, your overrides and custom styles won't affect with the template/theme update later.
Create a custom.scss file
- On Joomla!, create directories and files by following
- On WordPress, create directories and files by following
- On Grav CMS, create directories and files by following
using an FTP client like FileZilla or using your cPanel File manager.
custom.scssfile you just created
at very top of the
custom.scssfile and add any other codes under this line.
- From now on, you can add all your customization codes on the custom.scss file.
Adding a new style file
If you need to add a new style file-
- Go to custom
scssfolder you just created above and create or upload your file with the format
- Now add
// My new file _filename.scss @import "
- Make sure
@import "dependencies";line stays on top of everything.
Clear Cache and Recompile CSS
If you site is in Production mode or if you can't see changes for your custom codes-
- Go to Gantry Admin
- Click on Styles tab
- Click on Extras > Clear Cache from top right corner.
- After successfully clearing cache, click on Recompile CSS button.